Jordan Peele’s US Hits Home Entertainment this July!
One of our favourite films of the year, Jordan Peele’s US will arrive on home entertainment on July 3rd, loaded with Special Features!
Set in present day along the iconic Northern California coastline, US, from Monkeypaw Productions, stars Oscar-winner Lupita Nyong’o (STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS) as Adelaide Wilson, a woman returning to her beachside childhood home with her husband, Gabe (BLACK PANTHER), and their two children (Shahadi Wright Joseph, Evan Alex) for an idyllic summer getaway. Haunted by an unexplainable and unresolved trauma from her past and compounded by a string of eerie coincidences, Adelaide feels her paranoia elevate to high-alert as she grows increasingly certain that something bad is going to befall her family. After spending a tense beach day with their friends, the Tylers (Emmy winner Elisabeth Moss, Tim Heidecker, Cali Sheldon, Noelle Sheldon), Adelaide and her family return to their vacation home. When darkness falls, the Wilsons discover the silhouette of four figures holding hands as they stand in the driveway. Us pits an endearing American family against a terrifying and uncanny opponent: doppelgängers of themselves.
Universal Pictures 4K Ultra-HD/Blu-ray & Blu-ray releases will contain the following Special Features:
- Scene Explorations – The making of three iconic scenes from the film including the Tyler house massacre, Jason’s abduction and Adelaide’s underground flashback.
- Seven Second Massacre
- It’s a Trap
- I Just Want My Little Girl Back
- The Duality of US – Jordan Peele goes in-depth on some of the key themes and imagery in US– including Doppelgängers, Hands Across America, The Nutcracker dance scene, rabbits and the infamous 11:11 coincidence.
- The Monsters Within US – Examine how the great cast were able to find their characters, whether they were playing one of the Wilsons or their sinister doppelgängers.
- Tethered Together: Making US Twice – Making of a movie is hard. Making a movie where all the main cast play dual roles can be downright mind-bending. In this piece, filmmakers, cast, and crew discuss some of the technical challenges to making the film, as well as some of the design choices for the characters.
- Redefining a Genre: Jordan Peele’s Brand of Horror – In the space of two films, Jordan Peele has set himself apart as an invaluable artistic voice. Hear cast and filmmakers highlight what makes him so unique, as well as Jordan’s own thoughts on his inspirations and the relationship between horror and comedy.
- Becoming Red – Using behind-the-scenes footage from between takes, we take a closer look at Lupita Nyong’o’s intense and mesmerizing performance as “Red.”
- Deleted Scenes
- I Am Not Even Near You
- Rabbit Season
- That’s Badass
- The P is Silent
- I Wanna Go Home
- We’re All Dying – Hilarious outtakes from the conversation between Winston Duke and Tim Heidecker on the beach.
- As Above, So Below: Grand Pas de Deux – An extended version of the dance sequence from the film, cutting between adolescent Adelaide at her recital to Red in the Underpass.
The 4K Ultra-HD release will also include a Dolby Vision/HDR10 presentation of the film accompanied by a Dolby Atmos track.
US will arrive on 4K Ultra-HD/Blu-ray, Blu-ray & DVD on Wednesday July 3rd.